D.G.'s Reviews > On the Edge

bookshelves: audiobook, paranormal-romance, reviewed
Recommended to D.G. by: Miss
Read from July 21 to 23, 2012

**4.5 stars**

I've started this book several times and for some reason I had problems continuing it. But I'm really glad I was able to push through the beginning because I ended up loving it.

On the Edge is the story of Rose and Declan, two somewhat similar people from really different backgrounds. Rose is barely scrapping by while Declan is a noble from 'the Weird' a magical land in a parallel universe. Their relationship starts with lots of sparks, which usually would have me rolling my eyes, but Rose in particular had A LOT of reasons to distrust him. They are both normal people who had to bridge a whole lifetime of experiences to look past the surface and really see the other and this discovery was simply wonderful. And I loved how they listened to each other and were able to accept a different point of view. This turned out to be a really romantic relationship, which I'd never expected at the beginning.

It took me a little bit to get used to Renee Raudman's narration...don't know why because her voice is pleasant, her male voices are adequate and she doesn't have the self-important staccato tone that I detect in some PNR/UF narrations. But I got past whatever I didn't like soon enough and I was able to really enjoy her narration.

This book is not as steamy as the PNR I'm used to but the slow build is definitely worth it because the relationship is the most romantic for it.
11 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Edge.

07/22
40.0% 1 comment
07/22
60.0% "It took a while to get to that first kiss but it was worth it!"
07/23
85.0% "What a great couple."
07/23
92.0% "Oh how romantic!"
03/29 marked as: read

Lady Jaye Yayyy! It's my favorite in the series.

Elizabeth I have this one laying around here and I can't make myself start it. Is it as good as their Kate Daniels series?

D.G. I haven't read the Kate Daniels series but this one was very good. I also had started it a couple of times and never felt like continuing it but I'm really glad I pushed through the first chapter or so. The main characters are soo good and so right for each other.

Lady Jaye It's quite different from the Kate Daniels series.

Miss Love this series!

D.G. Thanks for the rec, Miss. I really enjoyed it. Now I'm tempted to get the audio for the next book.

Miss I enjoyed the next one even better D.G. :)

D.G. Ooooh! I can get it in ebook from the library but I'm tempted to use a credit at Audible to get it.

Miss It much depends on how good the reader is though. It's difficult for me to get hooked to the story with audiobooks, but i once listened to one where the reader was so good that it felt like i was right there.

message 10: by D.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

D.G. I got it on audio. I'm an audiobook listener and I already listened to the first one in audio so I know I'll like it.

Regina I really like Raudman. She does the Kate Daniels books. She is part of the amazing amazing team that does the Troubleshooters series by Brockmann (or started to after a certain point in the series.).

message 12: by D.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

D.G. I liked her too but something about her voice put me off at the beginning. Cannot tell you what it was though. :)

Robin (Bridge Four) Yay for second and third tries.

message 14: by D.G. (new) - rated it 4 stars

D.G. Robin wrote: "Yay for second and third tries."

I think this might have been my first Ilona Andrews book (I read this before Kate Daniels.)