Jon's Reviews > The Gospel of Anarchy: A Novel

The Gospel of Anarchy by Justin  Taylor

M_50x66
Apr 05, 11

If I could, I'd give this book an extra half star. I have to say that I really like this writer. I thought his story collection was fantastic and I think he's one of the only young authors right now who focuses on things that are truly interesting. He is though, much different' from the writers that I tend to like. I enjoyed this novel very much. I actually read it in under 24 hours in order to prepare for an interview. All in all it's beautifully written with well imagined characters. I have two issues, the first of which isn't really an issue.
I think anarchists are truly interesting. The stories that have been in the paper such as the group of ELF activists who were arrested in what was called "the Green Scare" or the three in Sacremento entrapped into bombing the Nimbus Dam, there's so much in these stories. What draws people to these radical left groups? What are unifying characteristics? What are they really searching for?
I wanted more about that, about black block protests and shoplifting, etc, but I didn't write it and if I did, it would be far less eloquent.

I thought the ending could have been more satisfying. I do recomend getting this book, it's very enjoyable. Everything Here is The Best Thing Ever was just tits.
Here's my interview with the author.
Part 1: my link text
Part 2: my link text

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gospel of Anarchy.