Lisa's Reviews > Timoleon Vieta Come Home: A Sentimental Journey

Timoleon Vieta Come Home by Dan Rhodes

Apr 05, 11

WARNING! If you like happy endings, stay away from this book!! I don't know whether to love or hate this book. It's so well written, so I can't possibly say it was horrible. Something has to be said for an author that can wrap a reader up so tightly in his story that that person feels different after reading it. I suggest that someone who is in a funk probably shouldn't read this. I had actually planned on saying this book was crap, but the more I thought about it and flipped back through the pages, I decided it would be wrong for me to judge it so harshly. This book is filled with bright moments and gut punches. There is an evening when the main character is watching a hot air balloon and imagining himself in it with his new love, just enjoying life together. It seems like a reflective, calm moment and then the author is describing the catastrophic destruction of the balloon and the riders. The character's reaction to this event is "Oh dear." There are quite a few "oh dear" moments.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timoleon Vieta Come Home.