Chad's Reviews > Sacred

Sacred by Dennis Lehane

Jun 06, 11

Read from April 05 to June 06, 2011

This is the third book by Dennis Lehane of the Patrick Kenzie and Angie Gennaro series, but the first Lehane book I've ever read, so everything is new to me. In this book, our detectives are hired in an unusual manner to help find the missing daughter of one of the most powerful billionaire's in Boston. It's not long after that that the twists and turns of a wild ride start coming at you, including the fact that Patrick's mentor and friend was originally hired to find the same girl but has since gone missing.

Like I said before, this is my first Dennis Lehane book, but it wont be my last. The characters are fun, if maybe sometimes a little dark and moody, and sometimes a lot of the different characters think and act so much alike they aren't as unique as they could be, but that's a common problem in these types of novels.

The mystery was good and satisfying. I felt it was overall nicely done, except for one or two moments where I felt like the author wanted to do something so made up a little backstory and put it in right in the moment when perhaps it could have been foreshadowed better. But as I said, I will likely be reading more about Patrick and Angie in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacred.

05/23/2011 page 312