Stephanie's Reviews > Indian Creek Chronicles: A Winter Alone in the Wilderness

Indian Creek Chronicles by Pete Fromm

F 50x66
Apr 05, 2011

Read in April, 2011

This was my type of book. When I saw it was about a guy surviving in the wilderness I was interested, but was expecting some horrific scenes of life or death situations. But this book is a true story, and although he has some great stories to tell, they were not too horrific or too unbelievable.

I especially liked it because it goes through his transition from city life to isolation and how at first it was difficult, and then he began to embrace it. Funny enough it reminded me of the transition from city life to being a stay at home mom! Just as he was disappointed more than he could handle when he expected a visitor and they didn't show, I used to get the same feelings (and sometimes still do!) when Josh is supposed to be home early and ends up coming home late. When all your time is at your own disposal, you really have to think about your priorities and what your long-term goals are and keep a long-term perspective. I appreciated his struggle through isolation and loved it when he overcame it, because I feel like I'm on that same type of journey, and learning to love it has been really good for me!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Indian Creek Chronicles.