Bree's Reviews > The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale

Apr 06, 11

bookshelves: galley-grab, arc
Read on April 06, 2011

www.breesabookworm.com

I received this book from Carina Press as an ARC through a galley grab.

This book is to be released April 25, 2011. It was written by Christine Bell (also known as Chloe Cole, a name she pens erotic romance under). I will definitely be looking into other Christine Bell books!

From the start, I was hooked. The dialogue itself was fast, clever, and witty. It was also a very quick read, I read it in a couple of hours. I believe it has just over twenty-five thousand words.

You've got Dorothy "Stormy" Gale, a time pirate. She travels back in time to steal from the rich to give to the poor. Her brother, Bacon, goes along with her on her travels. But, that isn't what this story is about.

Her brother Bacon lost one of their time travel devices in a game over poker, when they time traveled back to the 1800's, to the Loony Duke of Leister. So, from the start Stormy and Bacon go back in time, whereupon she dresses up like a Madame Baptiste, her fortune teller persona, in order to trick the Loony Duke into giving her back the "TTM".

About halfway through the book there was what I considered a pretty big twist, which had me thinking how totally cool it was!

I can't really say anything more in fear of giving anything away. Suffice to say, the Duke is a hotty, Loony or not...which puts a hitch in Stormy's plans.

Even if you don't like science fiction, and this might be considered a little steampunkish with the time travel and all, I think you'll still like the book. It's a romance after all, and a good one at that. The author did a solid job in the short span of the book. I was really surprised, but very happy to have read it!

I also wanted to add that I just really liked the name of the book. Not just for it's clever rhyming, lol, but it's so darn catchy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale.