Connie's Reviews > The Ranch

The Ranch by Danielle Steel

Aug 09, 11

Read from July 07 to August 09, 2011 — I own a copy

I cannot believe it only took me a month to read this book, seriously it seemed like a year.

Way too repetitive and hokey. No three woman can be that wonderfully perfect and beautiful. If all of the parts were taken out about how beautiful they are were, the book would have been half it's size.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ranch.

message 1: by Sandie (new)

Sandie Join the group on Danielle Steele. I gave up on her about 8 years ago.

Connie Oh no Sandie, are they all like this?

I have a stack of Danielle Steel that were my mom's. I was looking forward to reading them . . .

message 3: by Sandie (new)

Sandie Some of the ones she wrote prior to 1995 are pretty good like Jewels, Fine Things, The Gift, Palomino. Those are a few I recall fondly.....of course I read them mannnnny years ago so I may not be remembering them well or my tastes may have changed since then. Like I said, I think if you stick to her earlier works you will like them. Check the inside cover for publication dates and if they are prior to 1995 give the book a shot and see what you think.

message 4: by Demiere (new)

Demiere Lee Connie let's put it this way! Danielle Steel has had so much drama go on in her own life she lives in this ideal fairy tale land. This is what confuses me. There's a pattern with her books. One hit, twelve misses, another hit, eighteen misses. Recently, she's had some great books like "Sisters" (and I should kick myself for not reviewing it! It's a strong 3.5 star rating)and "The Wedding" (this came out in 2000). Now I've heard that "Secrets" and "Betrayal" are great but I haven't read them so if they turn out to be a bore don't quote me on that.