Heidi's Reviews > Tuck Everlasting

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

Aug 14, 08

bookshelves: children-0-12, made-an-impression-on-me, my-classics, fiction, i-want-to-own, fantasy, for-school, juv-6-12
Read in November, 1992

One could say that almost every book I read in my 5th grade class made some kind of an impression on me. Perhaps because these books were beyond the trite, fluff books I had been reading once I'd gotten over my reading difficulties. Such books like Sleepover Friends and Baby-Sitters Club passed the time. But my reading teacher (Mrs. Llewellyn) picked winners for every book. This one was a most definite favorite. Not only an interesting story, but one that made you think and truly ask yourself questions about what you believed and why.

Read again for Children's Lit class in May 2006 for classic fiction lesson. Review: Still wonderful after 13 years. More symbolism than I first recognized. Great imagery. Tale to make you think. I agree with it being a classic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuck Everlasting.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Quayshona harris i agree i read this book when i was in 6th grade. my teacher (ms wright)introduce the book to us at first i thought the book was going to be boring but it was'nt. it was about love i thought it was cute. i cryed at times b/c tuck was in love

Nadia Great review. Your teacher's decision to choose winning books was a good one; they really do have lasting impressions on students.

Quayshona harris thanks