Meghan Moloney's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Apr 08, 2011

bookshelves: own
Read from April 05 to 07, 2011

I laughed out loud so many times during this book. OK I'll admit it - most of those times I snorted. There is something about Tina Fey's brand of humour that resonates with me and with millions and millions of other smart goofy women.

The only thing I found a bit weird was the writing style. It wasn't really continuous - parts of the book had been published in magazines before, and each chapter functioned a bit like a stand-alone piece. Even within chapters, though, she jumped around from thought to thought and only by the end of the chapter did she tie all of her points back to her original thought. Sometimes it's still unclear why she included certain bits of information, if for no other reason than to be funny. (Which it always, always was.)

The ending was also a bit abrupt. I didn't feel any more conclusiveness at the end of the final chapter than after any of the previous ones. There just ... weren't any more chapters after that one.

Bottom line, though, Tina Fey is a brilliant writer of all kinds of material - just maybe not a novelist or long-form book writer. I loved this book, her voice was clear throughout it, and I couldn't put it down over the two evenings it took me to read it. Very highly recommended to women everywhere and the more open-minded and secure men who accompany them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.

Née Can't wait to read this!

Meghan Moloney BOUGHT IT AFTER WORK. so excited.