Brian's Reviews > King's Cross: The Story of the World in the Life of Jesus

Apr 27, 11

bookshelves: gospel, bible-commentary
Read in April, 2011

THERE IS GOOD NEWS!

"God is the source of all love, all life, all light, all coherence. Therefore exclusion from God is exclusion from the source of all light, all love, all coherence. Jesus began to experience the spiritual, cosmic, infinite disintegration that would happen when he became separated from his Father on the cross. Jesus began to experience merely a foretaste of that, and he staggered."

Pastor Kellers thoughts about the written word of God are at times staggering to me. I can think of no one that moves me in the same way he does. He uncovers aspects of the bible that are momumental in depth of insight, and this book is no exception.

Taken from his sermons on Mark this book does a lot to answer the questions of WHY God loves us, WHAT he came to accomplish, & HOW aspects of his life can be the blue print for the direction we should live ours. Keller never assumes we can accomplish this(live as Christ did). Our love for Christ should propel us to that end, but never with a sense that moralism will accomplish this, rather the good news of the one who lived the life we should have lived and died the death we should have died.

The chapters of this book correspond to the chapters of the book of Mark, there is a constant theme of selfless love that Keller is trying to get the reader to think deeply about. Preeminent Love of the triune God is always the missing ingredient in a humble success of the christian life. The reasons to read this are clear. You will see Jesus clearer than you presently do, you will see yourself clearer than you presently do, and you will most likely finish this book wanting to surrender.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King's Cross.