Wesley's Reviews > Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Apr 26, 12

bookshelves: solo_favorites, 2012-reading-challenge
Read from November 19, 2011 to April 27, 2012

I can’t believe it took me this freaking long to read this book. The principle and idea are simple but divulging yourself into it shows the severity. I also did this on audiobook, read by the author, which I always approve of but Bradbury sounds just like Garfield, ahhahaa, I still went through with it but it took me a chapter or two to get off that vision.

It’s hard to describe what books whether the cheesiest variety or a legendary classic can mean to people. So many things happen to our brains while we read or even listen to a book. The creative onslaught is just wave after wave. To take something so traditionally American as “firefighters” then rerun their jobs in this manner huge given the time this was written. Not so much an end of the world scenario as much as it is an over populated future. Then there’s the mechanical hound, bad dog, once again this was created in decades ago but yet this could be made into a relevant movie today. Then the average yeah who would have NO idea that it’s not brand new.

Something strange though happened after I finished this. As I do have a great appreciation and respect for all things literary, right when I think that can’t be added onto or even have a new line of appreciate installed into that though I end up surprising myself. The older the books I read that are either more alive today than they once were or even thinking how these were written so long ago; I just can’t imagine the minds that generate this material. Absolutely one of a kind, it makes me want to slow down and take in a breath. If you haven’t read it yet or have been putting it off, STOP it right now.

Format: audiobook (read by the author/Garfield)
Rating: 5 stars (awesomesauce)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fahrenheit 451.

Quotes Wesley Liked

Ray Bradbury
“The good writers touch life often. The mediocre ones run a quick hand over her. The bad ones rape her and leave her for the flies.”
Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

04/23/2012 "This one is long over-due."
15.0% "I'm liking this already."
show 1 hidden update…