Lisa's Reviews > Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want

Feb 20, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: first-editions
Read in January, 2009

This book was ok in the beginning, but the end turned out much better. I knew what was going to happen to Leven from about the middle of the book, and Ernest (my 12 year old) said he knew from the beginning of the book. I guess he reads foreshadowing much better than I do.

This book was a very easy read, but hard for me to follow. Each chapter would skip to a different charcter and their story. I would mind if it was two or three (like Eldest), but this book had about 7-8! I can remember... Leven, Geth & Winter, Rath, Tim, Dennis & Ezra, Janet & Osck and Terry & Addy. There is a glossary in the back of the book (which I didn't find until I was done reading!) which would have been so helpful because I couldn't keep track of all the different types of beings in Foo.

I don't care for Obert Skye's writing style, but I do love how he wrote the character Clover (Leven's Sycophant). I really wish I had my own Sycophant *sigh*

This would be a great book for 4th to 6th graders, but just not my favorite. I still can't get used to a talking toothpick :) Hopefully it won't take me so long to read "Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra" (unfortunately Ezra is the talking toothpick!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want.