Kate's Reviews > Supernaturally

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Sep 06, 2011

bookshelves: candy
Read in September, 2011

I really, really like this series. The follow-up to Paranormalcy, is just as entertaining and interesting as it was. Our main character is still endearing in her "bleep" and "shut up!" way, and the addition of other supernatural creatures and plots, as well as more time in the faerie realms, PLUS more information about her origination... wow! Loads to work with here! The relationship between Evie and her friends is comfortable and natural, with some hangups and blind spots, but the kind you'd expect from a 16 year old girl. I hate it when an author tries to make their teenage characters too mature to be realistic. Not the case here. In fact, the "bad" guy in this one was pretty obvious to me early on, but served to enhance the underlying theme of the books: bigotry and stereotyping are apparently not limited to sex or color, but also include species, and an entire species should not be punished for their own nature or the acts of a few. Right?
Heavy stuff for a young person who looks beyond the action and relationship aspects of the plot, and extremely fulfilling for the adult fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Supernaturally.