Makenna's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Jul 13, 14

bookshelves: own, favorites, hot-guys
Read from August 07 to 08, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

What I liked about this was I actually felt the love develop between Etienne (St. Clair) and Anna. It wasn't a stupid gushy, perfect, predictable, chick book. It was actually REALLY well written and there wasn't anything wrong or confusing about it. I think Perkins described Paris perfectly and it just makes me want to go to Paris even MORE, even if I only know one word in French just like Anna. That's also what I liked about this, it was relatable. Not that I went to Paris and found true love at a boarding school with a REALLY hot guy, but I could understand all of Anna's emotions throughout the entire novel. Oh, Gosh!! Just sooo good!! The characters were perfect and I really loved when they came into the story, not like other books; usually it gets boring when characters other than the two love interests come into play. But not this!!!! I really liked Rashmi and Josh and Mer, and I even enjoyed hearing about Ellie.

The plot was spectaculer. I mean, I've always tried to find that one book with all the right components- hot guy, Paris, strong girl character, great writing, boarding school, BEAUTIFUL love "scenes", realtable/real emotions, and not too described but also not "under-described."

The chemistry between the two was amazing. I could feel them yearning for each other even under the circumstances. It was hot, and I just couldn't wait to see what happened between the two of them next.

I also really liked Anna. Of course not in the same way as St.Clair, but she was definitely a great character. She had personality and was comfortable in her own skin. She was clumsy, but it wasn't Bella Swan crap. It was relatable and funny and of course St. Clair just made her feel okay about it. She has to be one of my favorite female characters because she was just so REAL. I don't know why I can't stop saying that, but it's true and that's all I felt throughout the book....

Really, Stephanie Perkins wrote an incredible book that I completely ate up (in 2 days) and would happily read again. Thanks to this I stayed up to 3 AM to know what happened next between St. Clair and Anna.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

08/07 page 35
07/06 marked as: currently-reading
07/06 marked as: read
07/12 marked as: currently-reading
07/12 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer haha wow I guess I really have to read this now! I hear soooooo many good things. I don't think I have heard one bad review.

Makenna Yes, you REALLY need to read this! I'm not kidding, it doesn't leave any room for disappointment :)

Maree I loved this book so much too. I'll have to reread it again. Makes you just want to travel to Paris!!