Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)'s Reviews > Sixteenth Summer

Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton

Apr 08, 11

Read from April 04 to 09, 2011

Sixteenth Summer is a perfect beach read. It has fun and easy to relate to characters and it perfectly sums up a summer love.
Anna is a good main character, she had her own quirks that made her unique, but her voice is good. Ms. Dalton is able to remind me of those feelings as Anna is experiencing them.
Caroline is a great best friend, and I love the bond and history that they have as well as the addition of Sam, as a good example of how boys and girls can actually be just friends (Sam and Anna) and how it can develop into something deeper (Sam and Caroline) but I also like with Sam and Caroline they had to learn all over again how to be together, because they were trying to hard to make something perfect that was making them unhappy when what made them happy was basically the way that things were before.
Will is dreamy, sensitive, awkward and charming. He plays his role in the book well, and I found myself falling for him just like Anna.
Without being too spoilery, I really like how they were realistic about their futures, even though they're hopeful.
So, if you're looking for a light and fun summer read, you have it here with Sixteenth Summer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixteenth Summer.