Susan's Reviews > Pictures of You

Pictures of You by Caroline Leavitt

Apr 04, 11

Read on April 04, 2011

I enjoyed reading, Pictures of You. There are a few critiques, but overall I did enjoy reading this.

It is about two women who's make a life changing decision, that will affect the people they care about the most. Isabelle is married to Luke. She is not happy and decides she wants to leave Cape Cod, and go to NYC. Then there is April, she is married with a young son, Sam. She doesn't realize that Sam is in back of the car.

We wonder is she just taking a drive, or is she running away? Then on a foggy night one car stopped and turned in the wrong direction. We wonder why??

Then April gets out of the car, but why?? there are many unanswered questions, that will make you want to keep flipping those pages to the end. It is about family relationships and the dynamics of the family. Can you forgive a person, when she did something to you?

I had to remind myself several times this is fiction.

I don't know any mother that would habitually take their child out of school to play hookie.

I had trouble believing the story about Charlie falling in love with Isabelle. I don't think I could handle that myself.

The other, was that Charlie one minute let her go. Then the next moment he wanted her at his terms. That was so selfish. When he needed her she was there. But, when she wanted him, it was not convenient for him. I was ready to wring her neck( Are you stupid!!)
Keep going back to him.

I was glad that he she finally came to her senses and left to pursue her dream in NYC.

I was unhappy how the story ended. I don't think it needed to flash forward thirty years later. They finally meet again. I don't think it was needed in the story.

I still enjoyed reading the novel. The novel had a lot to say about relationships and forgiveness. The story was a great suspenseful read.

We finally discover the true reason why she was out on that foggy night. Was she only taking a breather? Was she leaving Charlie?
Did she mean to leave her son behind?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pictures of You.

04/04/2011 page 320