Natasha's Reviews > If You Deceive

If You Deceive by Kresley Cole

Apr 07, 11

Read from April 04 to 07, 2011

Heartbreakingly brilliant!

"If You Deceive" is the third and final installment in the MacCarrick Brothers Trilogy by the amazing Kresley Cole. Kresley Cole is mostly known for her sexy Immortals After Dark Series, but she has other fantastic series, including this one. I was in the mood for a Historical romance series with strapping handsome men and strong willed woman and clearly choosing this novel was a perfect choice.

Ethan is the male character of my dreams. I have a softness for strong, stern men that are hurt under the surface and waiting for the right woman to make him feel again. Ethan character was certainly that. He's always been handsome, never needing to ask for a woman because there were always others waiting. Then he was terribly wronged and left horribly scared on one side of his face. He lives, but after one night so terribly that his life has turned into only hate and pain, nothing matters but revenge to those who wronged him, and nothing will get in his way in that revenge. Until he meets Madeleine. She's beautiful yes, but she's not even his type, but he can't seem to keep his eyes off her. She is the first woman he has ever pursued. Little does he know she's not so easy to pursue.

Madeleine is beautiful, intelligent and witty. She has great charisma and spunk, but shes living a lie. It's believed that she lives at the beautiful family house where she grew up, but do to a life shattering scandal when she was young, she is now poor. She's lived on her own since she young and she only just gets by from the work she does, and the occasional thievery. She deserves much more, but nobody but her two friends know of her heartbreaking life.

Ethan doesn't really know what he wants for some part of this story. Deep down I think he does, but his motives were mixed. He has had a plan for revenge for ten long years, no way would he change his thoughts now? It would be very hard to make a decision if you were in his shoes, although it's obvious which one I'd choose.

This novel was fantastic. Full off deceit, revenge, heartbreak, thrilling love and surprisingly a good deal of whit. I couldn't stop reading this, even for supper. I was hooked from page one and I'm super disappointed that it's ended. I want more, more, more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Deceive.

04/04/2011 page 178
48.0% "Really enjoyable read so far! I'm liking it. :P"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

J.A. Saare I love all three of these books. Some of my absolute fav KC's.