Haider Al-Mosawi's Reviews > Tuesdays with Morrie

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Apr 07, 11

Read from April 04 to 05, 2011

This book is a collection of life lessons given by Morrie, a professor of social psychology, to one of his students named Mitch. Morrie was suffering from ALS, a nerve disease that was eating at his ability to move and taking him towards imminent death.

The lessons cover a range of topics such as aging, fear of death, family, meaningful living, etc.

I didn't think the ideas expressed were engaging, and some of the advice was very simplistic. For example, in one of the lessons Morrie describes the "tension of opposites" - the struggle we tend to experience between what we want and what we need to do. When Mitch asks which side wins, Morrie replies: "Love. Love always wins."

What does that mean in real life? And does love *always* win, in every situation?

I enjoyed the storytelling and it got me to think about the inevitability of death, but there wasn't much else to contemplate over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays with Morrie.

Maryam I gave it 1 star, didn't like it one bit!
I agree with your point exactly.

Haider Al-Mosawi And if you had followed my review, you wouldn't have wasted your time with the book. :P

Maryam Lesson learnt, I didn't check if you have read it :(