Kate's Reviews > Treating A Sick Animal -- Flash and Micro Fictions

1914270
Aug 03, 11

bookshelves: short-stories, re-read-it
Recommended to Kate by: Lavinia Ludlow
Recommended for: anyone who is looking to gain insight into the great human perdicament
Read from July 15 to August 03, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Sometimes surreal, sometimes all to real, always gritty, raw and originial, Timothy Gager's flash fictions say so much with so little. These are literary delights you're going to want to savor.

One of my favorite things is the way the author takes an object and twists it into something else entirely. This concept can be found in many of the sories, but my favorite one was "Just Dessert." The focus of the story is on a belt buckle and then it morphs into a love story.

Another favorite of mine is "The Short Marriage of a Bride and Groom." This one is told from the perspective of "the guy wearing a tuxedo smiling on top of the wedding cake." This one is sad, but again, very well done.

In conclusion, all these stories are amazingly awesome and I am grateful to Lavinia Ludlow author of alt.punk for recommending this author to me. I did enjoy this book very much and I am looking forward to reading more from Timothy Gager in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treating A Sick Animal -- Flash and Micro Fictions.

08/01/2011 page 69
49.0% "I love flash fiction and these stories are awesome!"