Jaylia3's Reviews > Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovation

Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson

Apr 04, 2011

An inspiring, couldn’t-put-it-down book about how to nurture insights and creativity.

Every year the Website Edge poses a question to thinkers in a variety of fields. The 2011 question submitted by Steven Pinker with some input from Daniel Kahneman is “What scientific concept would improve everybody’s cognitive toolkits?” See http://edge.org/q2011/q11_index.html , to see the responses. And if you are interested in acquiring scientific concepts to improve your thinking, read Steven Johnson’s Where Good Ideas Come From. It’s full of thought models like the adjacent possible, liquid networks and the slow hunch that have relevance for any real life circumstance or academic discipline.

I read this first as a borrowed e-book from my library but some of the graphics were hard to see. I’ve since purchased the hardbound version because the ideas that it presents are one I know I’ll want to come back to.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Good Ideas Come From.