Savannah's Reviews > The Wake of the Lorelei Lee: Being an Account of the Adventures of Jacky Faber, on her Way to Botany Bay

The Wake of the Lorelei Lee by L.A. Meyer

May 21, 11

bookshelves: families, fiction, friendship, kidlit, librarybook, marine, romance, series
Read from May 17 to 20, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This was a long maritime romp and although I was quite assured that they'd get our characters on separate vessels back together again, it was fun to sit back and enjoy the developments along the way. Also: knew that we'd be seeing that diving bell again. Especially enjoyed: meeting Jack Aubrey aboard the Surprise at Gib. Clearly, Meyer read O'Brien studying up on his maritime lore (as well he should have) and does a really credible job of it despite the occasional excesses called for by the plot.

So as a series, this is holding strong and we'll continue to purchase them for the library as they are released. And that's not something I can say about a lot of series, this many volumes in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wake of the Lorelei Lee.