Vovka's Reviews > Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide

Vampire Academy by Michelle Rowen

Jan 08, 12

Read in January, 2012

As a Vampire Academy super-fan I had to have this book in my bookshelves... I was pretty curious about it, because there was almost no promotion and also because Aussie book-bloggers did not talk about it for its Australian release. So, I did not know what to expect from this guide, I've really discovered it when I've received it.

I was a little disppointed first because there was no exclusive content, except some Q&A with Richelle Mead (I don't consider Quizz as exclusive content). And even these Q&A are dispatched in all the guide, it was quite disturbing at the begining and then I found it was actually a good idea because it's a good way to look trhough the whole guide. These Q&A are with no question the most interesting stuff in the book.

The other good surprise is the different illustrations : some from the graphic novel, other from the American trailer, some covers, some pictures of Richelle, tatoo models... But I think Michelle should have done more research (for example Vampire Academy covers all around the world).

Same point for characters : I found each page not sufficiently detailed, I hoped Richelle would have helped Michelle to give her at least one exclusive info about each main character but no.

However there are some interesting information here and there, and it's nice to read each recap of the books or relationships (for example there is a part about Rose and Dimitri, another about Rose and Adrien and so on).

It is thus a good guide and I liked reading it because it is about Vampire Academy, but it really lacks of exclusive content, details and originality.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.