Liz's Reviews > Information Dashboard Design: The Effective Visual Communication of Data

Information Dashboard Design by Stephen Few

Oct 06, 2011

bookshelves: own, keep, design, non-fiction
Read from April 04 to October 06, 2011 — I own a copy

I think this book is pretty good. Some of his principles i have heard before from Tufte for example. I will try to incorporate some of his ideas into my dashboard, but some I will probably ignore (hey, I like bright colors).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Information Dashboard Design.

10/03/2011 page 48
22.0% "Good point about dashboard vendors, they tend not to focus on what you need, but the look of the dashboard.To focused on adding more features to the dashboard."
10/04/2011 page 118
53.0% "I like his idea of everything on one screen and no scrolling, but allowing the user to scroll allows for bigger graphics with easy to read detail. I like the gauge example for good and bad….more information is better ;) I like his idea of tying the same metric indifferent graphs by using the same color….how easy!"
10/05/2011 page 152
68.0% "I like the bullet graphs, simple and does not take up too much room, but still communicates the metric well! But i would like it to have some color, gray is so boring!"