Saly's Reviews > The Heartless Rebel

3192922
Apr 05, 11

bookshelves: harlequin-silhouette, category-romance, harlequin-presents
Read from April 04 to 05, 2011

This is the story of Jack Wolfe, after his elder brothers Jacob and Lucas abandoned their responsibilities it was left upto him to raise his siblings. Jack always had the ability to read people which helped save him from his father's temper, in cards and later in stocks. He's successful but aloof and one day he runs into a casino into our heroine Cara, a card-dealer from New Orleans. Cara's family lost everything in Hurricane Katrina. Jack saves Cara from a precarious situation and then hires her to accompany him to his brother's wedding. She stays with him for a week more weeks and they start an affair and then someone calls her his mistress she gets all offended and to distract her Jack does something terrible and she leaves him. Honestly, I didn't like the story. They tried to show that Cara wanted better things in life, but what better things?I need to like the heroine and I didn't care for the characters much at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heartless Rebel.