Tory's Reviews > Sisters

Sisters by Danielle Steel

Feb 19, 2008

did not like it
Read in February, 2008

My kid bought me this book for Valentines Day. Since he's five, we won't really judge him on his lack of literary tastes. Yet. Give him a few years.

Sentimentally, I read it. And then I hated it. Her writing seems to be aimed at the barely literate. She uses small words. Short sentences and repeats things over and over. Then again. And again, just to make sure the point was made.

This book. It made me feel less intelligent, just for having read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters.

02/01/2016 marked as: read

Kara Agree, agree agree!!! I liked the story, just wish it was written by another author.

Kyliebd Totally agree. How this woman is a published author is beyond me. My teenage daughter writes better! Yes she has a good story to tell, but it's in the telling that it all comes undone,

Angela HAHA! I love your comment about feeling less intelligent for having read it. I felt the same way!

Nothing YES! EXACTLY my problem! I love the story but her writing style is godawful. It reads as amateurish & juvenile. The wording was very… awkward, & everything felt so one dimensional. For such an intense topic, there's not much depth in the presentation.

Katie George Was thinking the same thing...............repeats every. single. thing.

Suchanda Mitra all of you are really less intelligent.her books need sensitivity and a soul,which I am sure all of you lack

message 8: by Prim (new) - added it

Prim Hernaez True!
Haha

Cyril Jayant Me, I feel her writing is the best because I love less " literate " and simple writing. I don't enjoy William Shakespeare's writing her writing style is based on the true human experience and environments she is familiar with . She talks about" Cafe de Flour' in Paris . Haris Bar in London and the places in New York . She goes to the history in the World war 11 and goes to Nomandie and she talks about is a story within a true facts and it is the talents. I have read about 30 Novels of her and it is because her writing is unique and touching. I read only Danielle Steels I guess.

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber Samuel I agree she does repeat things over and over again "she had wore her hair in a simple braid and looked no more then 16" how many times has she used that line and can a 42 year woman really look 16 because of a braid