Tory's Reviews > Sisters

Sisters by Danielle Steel

Feb 19, 08

Read in February, 2008

My kid bought me this book for Valentines Day. Since he's five, we won't really judge him on his lack of literary tastes. Yet. Give him a few years.

Sentimentally, I read it. And then I hated it. Her writing seems to be aimed at the barely literate. She uses small words. Short sentences and repeats things over and over. Then again. And again, just to make sure the point was made.

This book. It made me feel less intelligent, just for having read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kara Agree, agree agree!!! I liked the story, just wish it was written by another author.

Kyliebd Totally agree. How this woman is a published author is beyond me. My teenage daughter writes better! Yes she has a good story to tell, but it's in the telling that it all comes undone,

Angela HAHA! I love your comment about feeling less intelligent for having read it. I felt the same way!

Nothing YES! EXACTLY my problem! I love the story but her writing style is godawful. It reads as amateurish & juvenile. The wording was very… awkward, & everything felt so one dimensional. For such an intense topic, there's not much depth in the presentation.