Jennifer's Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Felicity Heaton

Jun 11, 11

bookshelves: felicity-e-heaton
Read from May 15 to 18, 2011

Lealandra is a witch on the verge of what's called the ascension, which is a time when the magic within her reaches its most powerful. This ascension is not an easy undertaking and most witches don't survive because they become overwelmed with their magic's potency to the point that they succumb and are killed by their own magic. Of course our heroine also has the odds stacked against her because her counter-balance, the one who is suppose to take some of the magic away from her during her ascension so she can survive is murdered leaving Lealandra in an even worst situation. Not to mention that Lealandra was the intended target to get killed.

So with this ascension coming at her with no counter-balance and someone trying to kill her, Lealandra seeks her ex- half demon/half human lover Taig for help. Lealandra walked out on Taig 6 years ago and Taig isn't sure what he feels for her now that she has come back into his life. He also has some past issues to work out and isn't sure Lealandra will accept him for his true self. However, Lealandra is there for him whenever he is ready to let her in. The one thing however that Taig is sure of is he needs to protect her and help her make it through her ascension but at what cost?

As usual Felicity delivers a action packed..uber sexy story. I loved this reunion between the two characters as well as a glimpsed into his past that sets up for the next book.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.

Wendy Ooh, Jen this looks really good - gonna have to add it!

Jennifer After a crazy week I am finally gonna sit down and read this. Felicity is always great. She is writing like a fiend lately. Her process is amazing..I will let you know what I think when I am done. :)

Kristie Can't wait to see your review.

Jennifer I still haven't gotten to this yet.. but I will I have to read something else first.. then this one for sure..