MsRomanticReads's Reviews > Pleasure of a Dark Prince

Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole

Apr 04, 11

bookshelves: lykae, paranormal, suspense, romance, favorites
Read from April 03 to 04, 2011

Loved the plot and characters. It was a nice change to read about different mythical beings such as the Werewolf and the Valkyrie. Garrett was a superb character. Cheeky and caring, fierce and loving. His accent and his wit were so endearing.in fact, most of the laugh out loud moments all came from something he did or said. I liked Lucia's strength in the beginning, but as the story began to reach it's climax, I didn't care for her as much. I understood her fears and insecurities, but felt she could have told him about the consequences of consummating the mating ritual without divulging the dark secret about her ties with Cruach. Garrett kept giving, but Lucia's reluctance to give back until the very end made me unsympathetic to her. I did feel she redeemed herself in the end, but it was a little too late. Regin aggravated me to no end, especially her texts. I would still recommend this to anyone because of the nail-biting action, a great hero and the sexual tension was sizzling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pleasure of a Dark Prince.

Quotes MsRomanticReads Liked

Kresley Cole
“At fifty times the distance, you dispatched that ko-bold with three arrows to the neck. I’ve earned a trio to the chest. Seems you slapped him while you’re tickling me. You doona want to kill me, which is a good sign. Maybe this is your way of flirting?”
Kresley Cole, Pleasure of a Dark Prince

Kresley Cole
“What are you trying to prove?" Lucia demanded.

Between strikes, he bellowed, "That you should no' have left me!"

"You were going to do it to me--don't bother denying it!" When he didn't, she said, "Then why are you different?" Another volley of arrows. "What gives you the right to risk yourself?"

He snapped, "Because you could move on if something happened to me.”
Kresley Cole, Pleasure of a Dark Prince