Crazy4more's Reviews > The Sword

"The Eldest Son shall bear this weight;
If ever true love he should feel
Disaster shall come at her heel
And Katan will fail to aid
When Sword in sheath is claimed by Maid"

Eldest son, Saber, has been avoiding women due to the verses of his song. Kelly from earth is pulled into his realm as she was being burned to death by arsonists. There is no avoiding destiny and fate even when eight brothers were exiled by their kingdom to avoid disaterous songs predicted by a powerful Seer.

This book was fun, hot and more on the lighthearted romance then the deep emotional, epic read. The honeymoon scene was so hot, I can't help but think...this is what I was hoping for for Edward and Bella, lol.

I like Kelly, modern-kungfu-independent-medieval historian. For someone who never experienced love, soon she found herself protecting eight men and outsmarted bullies using her brain...and force when she needed too. I love the brothers and how Kelly's getting along them, not at first but she won their hearts, especially after enforced Dom the 'eat dirt' move.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sword.

04/19/2011 page 88
23.0% ""The Eldest Son shall bear this weight;
If ever true love he should feel
Disaster shall come at her heel
And Katan will fail to aid
When Sword in sheath is claimed by Maid"

The oldest of 8 brothers, exiled to an island where no woman can set foot, and therefore, no love interest.

As brothers messing around with each other, I'm loving this lighthearted, fun storyline...so far."
04/20/2011 page 200
53.0% "Tairen Soul introduced me to fantasy romance. This is so fun to read, not heartwrenching-emotional-deep romance, but fun-lighthearted-sweet-romance. The brothers' dialogs reminded me of the Dark Hunters series having fun and messing around with each other."
04/22/2011 page 287
76.0% "Queen Kelly...how clever this modern girl is! It started with Morganen, the youngest and strongest Mage among 8 brothers, initiating the family curse. Saving Kelly from her burning home, hoping she'll bring forth and get the Curse started. The brothers saving Kelly, Kelly saving the brothers and then some."