Katie Parker's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Jan 09, 15

bookshelves: crime-mystery, translated
Read in June, 2010, read count: 1

This book took me forever to finish, but it was because I was uncharacteristically busy, not because I wasn’t interested in it. I definitely, definitely was. I tried to pick it up whenever I got a moment, whether that was while listening to music on the grass at Sasquatch or sitting in a bar waiting for a World Cup game to start.

The story picks up right where The Girl Who Played With Fire left off. Like, exactly. Don’t worry, I’m not going to say too much about the plot from any of the books, because I know there are people out there who want to read the series and just haven’t gotten around to it. I will say that I’m glad other characters, besides just Blomkvist and Salander, were given more of a voice (I particularly liked Berger’s sections), and it was interesting to read about all of the interaction between the various groups involved. This was probably my favorite book in the series, and I highly recommend it (as well as its predecessors) to anyone looking for a smart and engaging read. It’s a shame the author passed away before he could see what a hit the Millenium series has turned out to be.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.