Judy Iliff's Reviews > The Alpine Vengeance

The Alpine Vengeance by Mary Daheim

Apr 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in April, 2011

This is one book for which I should have, perhaps, re-read the previous book in the series. Naw, I don't re-read books! It was a little confusing, however, trying to remember what had happened previously - and this is the only drawback, I think, to reading books in a series. This is also the reason I have the book a 3 rather than a 4. More distressing, though, is there are only 4 more books in this series, unless Daheim decides to start over with the alphabet, and I don't think that's going to happen!

Emma Lord is forced to revisit a murder committed in 1995 and related in The Alpine Fury when Sheriff Dodge receives anonymous letters stating the person accused of the murder is actually innocent. Then Larry Petersen, the man serving the sentence, dies while in prison, and another letter is received. Meanwhile, Craig Laurentis, the artist/recluse from previous books, is shot and maples are being poached. Vida interviews the two sons of Larry who end up having an argument during the broadcast, and Cole states his father told him he was innocent of the murder. Emma gets pulled into this mess and hope Petersen's family can help her unwind this mess.

I thought The Alpine Vengeance was a good, quick read. I thoroughly enjoy this series and think it's much better than her bed and breakfast series. Vida is getting more opinionated, if that's possible, and Milo Dodge is crankier. Emma has to find a new receptionist as Ginny is overwhelmed with her 3 children, plus she has a new reporter who's originally from Detroit and has no trouble comparing everything he sees to Detroit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alpine Vengeance.