Bri's Reviews > Drums of Autumn

Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon

May 17, 2012

bookshelves: favorite-series
Read in May, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drums of Autumn.

04/26/2012 page 44
4.0% "Ian (15 years old, first time in America, 1767) "Dr. Stern told me that the wilderness of Carolina is alive wi' fierce creatures--bears and wildcats and wicked panthers--and a great foul thing the Indians call a skunk!"
I choked on my ale (Claire) -p. 16"
04/26/2012 page 100
Fergus choked slightly and Ian went pink.
"Well, if you don't know, my dear," I said, "no one does. I seem to have found us a boat. And what have you been up to this morning?" - pg. 100 haha :)"
04/26/2012 page 100
9.0% "Jamie to Claire - "What is it that makes every man ye meet want to take off his breeks within five minutes of meetin' ye." Fergus choked slightly and Ian went pink. I looked as demure as possible. "Well, if you don't know, my dear," I said, "no one does. I seem to have found us a boat. And what have you been up to this morning?" haha :)"
04/28/2012 page 171
16.0% "pg.153 - He took both my hands in his, then, and kissed them - the left, which still bore the gold ring of my marriage to Frank, and then the right, with his own silver ring.
"Da mi basia mille," he whispered, smiling. Give me a thousand kisses. It was the inscription inside my ring, a brief quotation from a love song by Catallus.
I bent and gave him one back. "Dein mille altera," I said. Then a thousand more."
05/01/2012 page 342
32.0% ""So long as my body lives, and yours--we are one flesh," he whispered. "And when my body shall cease, my soul will still be yours. Claire--I swear by my hope of heaven, I will not be parted from you.".....
"Nothing is lost, Sassenach; only changed."
"That's the first law of thermodynamics," I said.
"No." he said. "That's faith.""
show 1 hidden update…