Elisha Condie's Reviews > Grip of the Shadow Plague

Grip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon Mull

Jan 14, 14

Read in January, 2013

I'm sorry - I admitted I've been reading a lot of these. They are all just on the shelf at the library! No waiting! It's such a novelty I can't help myself. Although it may be too much of a good thing. Reading 3 of these in a row is rather like eating too much cake. You enjoyed it, yes, but feel a little full afterwards and wish you'd had a carrot somewhere in the middle.

More problems at Fablehaven have arisen (of course). The grandparents are clueless as to what to do, despite years of experience (of course). The only people who can help are children whom no one wants to be involved (yep, of course). It is getting a bit redundant when every time anyone goes ANYWHERE they talk grimly about how they aren't going to make it back. And you KNOW they are (it's only page 50, people!). And when they introduce minor secondary characters they might as well be wearing a red shirt in a Star Trek episode. Bye bye.

I think I'm going to take a breather now from Fablehaven, although I am inclined to just finish the others as fast as I can and THEN read something grown up. The trouble with these are they are so entertaining! I can't not look at them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grip of the Shadow Plague.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan Emma would be so proud.