Georgia's Reviews > Prisoner of the Inquisition

Prisoner of the Inquisition by Theresa Breslin

Apr 10, 11

bookshelves: school
Read from April 06 to 10, 2011

I tried to read this book with an open mind. But then I started reading it.

The first thing that put me off was the fact that it was set in the 1490's. Now, I'm usually alright with books set in different times, but that date was so foreign I could bearly say it. (I kept wanting to say 1940's.) This was forgivable, however, because the story wouldn't have worked in any other time period.

But this does bring us to the actual story, which was... erm... bearable. For the first 215 pages I was trying to look for an excuse to stop, not because the writing was too formal and the characters were annoying, but because nothing was happening. Okay, that might be bending the truth a little. When I think back I realise that a lot of things were happening but I just didn't really notice them. I didn't really care what was happening.

But then...

On page 215, just down from the top, it started to get interesting. Yes, the way that the two characters came together was predictable, but it was good. Finally.

Just ignore the confusing ending and you can say it ended on a high.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prisoner of the Inquisition.