Chy's Reviews > Lord John And The Hand Of Devils

Lord John And The Hand Of Devils by Diana Gabaldon

Apr 03, 11

Read in March, 2011

I did not realize this was a collection of novellas and short story, and that they dotted the chronology of the two actual Lord John novels. The first entry of this book is a short story titled, "Lord John and the Hellfire Club," and it comes before Lord John and the Private Matter. "Lord John and the Succubus" comes after that first novel and "Lord John and the Haunted Soldier" comes after the second novel, (Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade).

Don't want to say too much because I really am going to get caught up in A Writer's Gotta Read, but this one was weird for me. There were a couple of things that I just loved about it (especially "Lord John and the Succubus; easily my favorite of the collection), but others that just...

Maybe I'm just mad because I was so ready for another full length John story, then I opened up the book and realized I'd have to wait longer for that. {sadface}

Anyway, I give the short story a 3, the third story a 3, and the middle story a 4. That averages and rounds to a 3 so the rating up there is fair, right? (I'm sorry, Lord John, I'm sorry!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord John And The Hand Of Devils.