Maria Elmvang's Reviews > Den sidste gode mand

Den sidste gode mand by A.J. Kazinski

Apr 04, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, 4-stars, danish, suspense, not-owned
Read from April 03 to 04, 2011 , read count: 1

As a policeman in Copenhagen, Niels Bentzon is accustomed to chasing criminals. Therefore he can hardly take it seriously when he is given the task of finding a good person. The man who could become the next victim of a murderer who has chased good people across the globe. And the arrow now points towards Copenhagen.

But who deserves the term 'a good man'? And can it really be true that the murders are connected to an ancient religious myth of the 36 righteous people who are put on earth to protect us all?

The manic-depressive Niels Bentzon has no idea how to approach this. The task seems impossible. But when he, in his quest to find the good man before it's too late, meets the astrophysicist Hannah Lund things take off. Hannah Lund believes that she can see a system in the murders - a system of a quasi-divine nature.

Finally a book where I was pleasantly surprised, and that actually exceeded my expectations. I found it very difficult to put it down, and ended up reading it in two days flat. It was interesting to read a book that took place in settings and under circumstances I am familiar with, and I loved all the references to actual events.

Mostly I was intrigued by the plot and fascinated as the questions were slowly answered. I did think the biggest one was still missing an answer though - the main why . No explanation was ever given there... a fact I didn't think about at the time, but which slightly bothers me now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Den sidste gode mand.