Saly's Reviews > The Shameless Playboy

3192922
Apr 03, 11

bookshelves: harlequin-silhouette, category-romance, harlequin-presents
Read on April 03, 2011

Lucas Wolfe is a shameless playboy. He is a man the British tabloid love, his exploits are legendary and the entire world thinks that he lives off the patronage of older married lovers but in reality he is a master of disguise. He wields his own PR.
Ever since he was abandoned on his father's door as an infant, he was made to feel unworthy by his psychotic father, he started acting as a care-free charmer in front of his siblings and a devil to his father, inciting him to take out his temper on him rather than his younger siblings. The only person he was really close to was Jacob who left, so Lucas further spiraled out of control.
Grace our heroine comes from nothing and cultivates an uptight image. She is afraid of turning out to be like her mother, so she down-plays her beauty and acts as the ice-queen. When Lucas to piss-off Jacob, joins Grace's workplace, sparks fly.
Lucas wants her but Grace, well she gives as good as it gets. The banter between them is good and as the book progresses the layers of Lucas are revealed to us and Grace and it is Grace who seduces Lucas and not him.
The best declaration of love I've ever heard when Lucas shouts:

. “I cannot live without you, you idiotic woman! How could anything ever be all right again?”
Hilarious!The last chapter both of them shout at each other when confessing their feelings. Nice book.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shameless Playboy.