Fathima's Reviews > Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

May 08, 11

bookshelves: favorites

This book is my ALL-TIME favourite book :) I absolutely love it. James Patterson has done a brilliant job with the story and its presentation. I've read this book a thousand times. It makes you think about a 101 things related to life and its twists & turns. The story helped me understand that life is not always sweet, not always fair and things do not always turn out the way we want them to. But if we are patient and just keep going - we'll eventually find things that are sweet, that are fair and somewhere along the way true love as well :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice review, I want to read this and eventually will get onto it, but heard it's a tearjerker and not as upbeat as you made it sound and as it's spring and sunny it will have to wait because don't want to be sad :)

Fathima well the thing is - its not a sad love story. maybe at some point you will cry but the tears will eventually turn into happy tears :) it touches the heart. I don't really know what other people think but I love this book.

message 3: by Fathima (last edited May 09, 2011 08:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fathima I have never watched the film - though it keeps coming on TV - i think its because I've read this book so many times and I have it pictured in a certain way in my mind and I wanna keep it that way.

and yes you experience a jumble of emotions in this book. The first lesson is learnt with her heart attack - health is one thing which we don't really pray for because we're so busy asking for other worldly things. We don't realize that our whole life can change if our health is affected.

She so bravely adapts to change and tries to find goodness in the moment - i like that as well :) Hmmm :) i love reading the book over and over again. James Patterson has written it so beautifully (with part of it in diary form)

Katie You have a very good view on the points of this novel. I just finished it and loved it.

Fathima Thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed reading the book :)