thegirlinpink's Reviews > Of Love and Other Demons

Of Love and Other Demons by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez

Apr 06, 11

bookshelves: favorites, chicano-lit
Read from April 02 to 06, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

At 147 pages this was a simple, quick yet extremely wonderful, deep and remarkable read. I walked away from the book feeling deeply hurt and somewhat angry. Having reflected over it for the past 24 hours my feelings have changed, thought I still feel sad I can now better appreciate some of the not so fairy tale like components of the book.

I have read one other book by the columbian novelist and this one drew simply for its title. Just a complex tale truly encapsulated in 5 words. Love can indeed be a demon, taking ahold of you, possessing you, transforming you sometimes in wonderful ways but sometimes bringing out in you things you neither recognize nor approve of.

The beauty of Garcia Marquez's writing is in his wonderful description, intoxicating prose and ability to describe to you the deepest of human emotions in just a simple and pure/raw way that you can not miss it nor fail to experience it yourself.

Truly worthy of the nobel peace price in literature
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Love and Other Demons.

04/02/2011 page 34