Kelly's Reviews > The Vampire Narcise

The Vampire Narcise by Colleen Gleason

251943
May 19, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, paranormal-romance, 2011-favorites, historical, read-in-2011
Read from May 14 to 19, 2011

I think this series has been getting progressively better with each of the books. And that's saying something because I've enjoyed all of them in different ways. However, this one was the most emotionally charged of the bunch and the things that our main characters had to go through to end up where they did were equal parts hard to read about and completely captivating.

Giordan and Narcise's relationship was fraught with difficulties from the first. I loved how Giordan saw what he wanted and found a way to go after it despite all the roadblocks that were thrown up to keep he and Narcise apart. He was strong and when life threw him a terrible curveball he stood up and managed to keep moving forward.

From the glimpses we were given of Narcise in previous books, I wasn't sure if she would be a character I could like. She loves one man but she willingly gives herself to another in her bid for freedom. Honestly, she could have turned out to be a unredeemable woman who didn't deserve Giordan. Yet Colleen Gleason gave her such depth and such pain that I couldn't help but feel for her.

In my opinion, this is the strongest book in the series and both Giordan and Narcise will stick with you long after you finish their story.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Narcise.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you read this without reading the first two?

Kelly Sunny wrote: "Can you read this without reading the first two?"

I *think* you can. Some of the events in previous books are mentioned but you should be able to work with the explanations given.