Denise's Reviews > Sam's Letters to Jennifer

Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson

Apr 02, 11

bookshelves: fiction, tbz

One star seems a little harsh, but two stars, too much. I really wanted to enjoy a light, quick, sweet read. Unfortunately, as the story progressed I found it rather uncomfortable. Too many tragic circumstances for one small novel. I was disturbed by the immorality in the book. Especially the romance of Jennifer's grandmother by another man other than her husband. I did not find the characters endearing, people of integrity. The revelation of who "Doc" really was (you'll understand if you read it) left me cold. There is no moral compass for these people, least of all Doc, which I found rather disconcerting. The writing was passable, what you would expect in a weepy romance novel. Just didn't touch my heart like other books have.
After you read this make a list of all the "tearjerk " moments and situations in this book. I'll start:
Young widow who has had a miscarrige, and blames self for husbands death..
Beloved grandmother in a coma in hospital.. Letters found for grandaughter to read of her past love life.. Handsome summer new love reveals a startling health secret.. and so on....
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam's Letters to Jennifer.