Tracy's Reviews > Naked in Death

Apr 02, 2011

bookshelves: thriller-suspense, futuristic
Read in September, 2009 — I own a copy , read count: 1

~* 4.5 Stars *~
The futuristic setting of J.D. Robb's (Nora Roberts') "In Death" books kept me from starting this series, despite being an avid Roberts reader for years (lots of years). I've never been a fan of novels set in the future. As it turns out, I was remarkably short-sighted.

With the proven ability to write taut romantic thrillers, Roberts (Robb) adds an intriguing layer to her storytelling and peppers this solid police procedural with glimpses of the advancements in society and technology in the year Eve Dallas and Roarke live in (2053)...and even more intriguing, the things that haven't changed - most importantly, human nature in all its horror and glory. It's a strong book with very interesting characters, and while you find out more about Eve than you do about Roarke, who remains a bit of an enigma at this point, there's a solid start to an enticing, heartwarming relationship.

All in all, I'm glad I finally got around to starting the much touted In Death series and while the futuristic aspects will never be my favorite thing, I truly enjoyed the start of the series and am looking forward to more.

~*~*~*~
Reviewed for One Good Book Deserves Another.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked in Death.