JazzRizz's Reviews > Devil's Food Cake Murder

F 50x66
Apr 02, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, library, listened-to-audiobook
Read from April 02 to 08, 2011

** spoiler alert ** NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm really starting to despise cliff hangers :(

This book really seemed to focus on Hannah's personal life this time out - with a little murder mystery on the side. The twists and turns of the investigation were a bit different this time, but the outcome was pretty predictable.

The love triangle is way past a little frustrating. Dr. Bev has thrown Hannah off her stride. It was nice to see Hannah get a glimpse of what she's been doing with Norm and Mike. Her first reaction to finding out Dr. Bev was dating both Norman and Mike was priceless, until it dawned on her she is doing the exact same thing as Bev.

I know Mike isn't who she should pick - but I'm still rooting for him.

I'm really looking forward to the next book. What's going on with Hannah's mom? How is Hannah going to handle the bombshell dropped at the end of the book? Who's murder is the gang going to have to solve next time?

In the meantime . . . I need to make a batch of Chocolate Euphoria Cookie bars as soon as possible!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil's Food Cake Murder.

Megan Is it possible you can spoil the cliffhanger for me? I want to know Normans secret.