Lisa Kay's Reviews > The Girl Who Chased the Moon: A Novel

The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

★★★✩✩ Loved Sarah Addison Allen’s Garden Spells, which I read earlier this year and set me chasing after Magical Realism books. Love the cover on this book too, as blue is my favorite color and I’m a “book-cover-ho”. There were some perfect touches in this book; however, unlike many other GR readers, I was more than ready for the story to end. I was even just lukewarm over Rebecca Lowman’s narration, and I usually enjoy her readings. I smiled over the reason for the bakery’s name; nonetheless, I wasn’t too crazy over Sawyer Anderson, and I usually swoon over a Southern Gentleman, even if he is blond. But there was too much teen-aged angst – past and present – that all gets tied up in a nice bow in the end. Not that I don’t love a HEA ending. Still, I found myself shaking my head instead of smiling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Chased the Moon.

Quotes Lisa Kay Liked

Sarah Addison Allen
“Adolescence is like having only enough light to see the step directly in front of you.”
Sarah Addison Allen, The Girl Who Chased the Moon

08/07/2011

message 1: by Denise (new)

Denise I have been wanting to read this, I loved Garden Spells too.. But I think I will wait a while :) Thanks for the great review!

Lisa Kay Oh, I really didn't want to put you off the book. It just wasn't my cuppa tea, Denise. It may be yours. Some parts were excellent. I plan on reading these two pretty soon:
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen.

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise Sugar Queen was good... Haven't read Peach Keeper yet, but keep taking it out as a library ebook but it expires before I can get to it :)

Lisa Kay LOL! I've done that a few times!

message 5: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly Oh, I hope I still like it. I just finished Garden Spells and LOVED it!!! Best read so far this year, for me!

Lisa Kay I loved GS, too! One of my best reads so far this year, Shelly! :)

Cher "...and I usually swoon over a Southern Gentleman, even if he is blond." Lol, I share this sentiment, Lisa.

Lisa Kay Oh, you rated it even lower than I did, Cher. **sigh**

Cher Lol, I think I am just stingier with my stars than most people! I take GR's definitions literally, so when I see 2 stars is "It was ok" and 3 stars is "I liked it", I went for 2 for this one. I have seen other people say something was "Meh, just ok, not that great", etc., and then give it 3-4 stars, so we all do it a little differently.

But yeah....a tall, southern gentleman with dark hair and blue or green eyes....that's what dreams are made of. :)

Lisa Kay LOL! I agree, nice dream. I tend to rate high, but I noticed, the longer I'm on GRs, the lower my ratings. ☺