willaful's Reviews > The Walk of Fame

The Walk of Fame by Heidi Rice

Apr 02, 11

bookshelves: misinformation, pet-peeve-hate
Read on April 02, 2011, read count: 1

Juno hopes to reunite her best friend’s fiance with his estranged brother, Hollywood star Mac Brody. But her efforts have unexpected consequences: Mac does reluctantly come to the wedding, but mainly to see her. Juno has cut herself off from men and relationships after a bad experience when she was sixteen, and Mac has some painful secrets of his own, but somehow they are drawn together.

For the first 3/4 of the story, this was a decent read. Mac is a category hero type that appeals to me: the kind who falls in love without realizing it and finds himself acting completely out of character. Also, sexy Irish speech patterns! The style was comfortably in category romance territory, yet dodged some seemingly inevitable cliches and seemed to have a refreshingly modern outlook towards issues like birth control and safe sex.

Then the secret baby plot popped up and it all went downhill fast: cliched, reactionary, aggravatingly misinformed and morally repugnant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walk of Fame.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

SheLove2Read Not the secret baby trope!!

willaful And how.

SheLove2Read I'm so glad I didn't read this. Why in God's name authors continue to write that drivel is beyond me. How is that sexy? Lying to your child's father is a "good thing"??

willaful We're supposed to let it slide because she's all wounded and fragile.

SheLove2Read **makes gagging noises**

message 6: by Annette (new)

Annette Gisby Secret baby trope? Urgh, not one I'll be reading then.