Debbie's Reviews > Only Mr. Darcy Will Do

Only Mr. Darcy Will Do by Kara Louise

1945325
Apr 02, 11

This is the second re-telling of Pride and Prejudice I've read from Kara Louise and she is quickly becoming one of my go-to author in this genre. I really enjoyed Darcy's Voyage, the first book from Kara Louise I read, but this one is probably my favorite of the two. She has such a delicate hand with the way she writes the characters of Lizzie and Mr. Darcy that keeps them true to the original characters. Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time most beloved books so it's really important to me that their characters are not butchered in a a re-write of the story.

If you have read Pride and Prejudice you may have had several of those what if thoughts. Louise takes the what if Lizzie hadn't forgiven Darcy even after the letter he writes to her addressing her accusations, if Darcy doesn't send Mr. Bingley back to Jane and his aunt never visits Lizzie and writes an amazing story. I was saddened that Mr. Bennet has passed away since I really enjoyed his character but his passing has put Lizzie in a position where she has become a governess and socially even more unacceptable to someone of Mr. Darcy's social standing. It also puts her in Darcy's path once again and I loved watching Lizzie slowly come to realize her true feelings for Darcy. There's also a bit of humor as Lizzie comes to the conclusion that maybe Ms. Bingley wasn't initially such a bad person but rather it's an affliction that affects any woman that has the misfortune to fall for Darcy upon first meeting him. She develops this theory after seeing a woman whose company she really enjoyed and thought was of similar temperament turn into a scheming female out to snare Darcy.

This book will captivate you from the beginning and although I meant to only read a few pages I ended up reading the book in one day. The ending was a little drawn out as she ties up loose ends like Lydia and Mr. Wickham, Anne de Burgh and his cousin and Jane and Mr. Bingley but still this is an addictive read that all Pride and Prejudice fans have to read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Mr. Darcy Will Do.