Janeen-san 's Reviews > Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 14

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 14 by Hiromu Arakawa

Apr 02, 11

Read on April 01, 2011

I really liked reading this one, it was a great read as usual! Ed, Envy and Lin manage to get out of Gluttony...with a very great price! Ed is by the Gate with the Truth...and he gets a chance to talk to Al's body!!
Then they meet a look-alike to their father, but this 'bearded guy' is actually the father and creator of the Homunculi! A great battle begins, Scar and May barge in. (Scar waned to rescue Xiao Mei the panda HAHAHA!)Suddenly, their transmutation skills are the only ones that can be used, as alchemists Ed and Al find themselves unable to use alchemy! Oh yeah, Gluttony and Envy in their true forms were AWESOME! (Even though Gluttony was normal in this volume I just had to tell ya..) Oh, and in an earlier volume Greed was taken back into his father's soul...I missed him because he was cool. However in this one he returned! Sort of. Lin gets taken over by Greed!!! In the beginning I thought Lin was a little annoying but when he was saying, "No don't interfere," I thought, Noooo! What are you SAYING?!!?!?
Also, because Ed saw Al's real body during his time with 'the Truth', they're now "one step closer to their goal!"
I really liked the part when May Chang was hiding inside Al's armor in the bathroom...Ed's expression was HILARIOUS!
Another part I liked was when Ed felt so strongly about "casting aside this alias" when they were talking with King Bradley. That part was so cool and intense...and the part immediately after that when I thought May Chang died...GAAHH I WAS SO SHOCKED! It was funny because I was in the car at the time, and I gripped the book, gasping at the page and everyone was starting at me =)
Oh yeah, also near the end, SCAR met up with MARCOH...and he WANTS SCAR TO KILL HIM???? W
Times are hard, with everyone trustworthy in the military getting sent off to different posts far away...people you thought you could trust are actually on the other side...in the words of Colonel Mustang, "Don't give up on life!"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 14.