Chalse's Reviews > Freaks: Alive, on the Inside!

Freaks by Annette Curtis Klause

Apr 21, 11

bookshelves: favorites, library-borrowed, can-tell-favorites
Read from April 02 to 18, 2011

4/02/11 I'm finally getting started on this book which is saying something because I only picked it up because I am a crazy Blood and Chocolate fan... and I was majorly engrossed in the war diary I was reading, but anyways, as for the book, it's alright so far and could definitely be better. The main character Abel Dandy(who by my standards isn't so dandy) is trying to find a girlfriend, of dog-gene-less variety, but oh,don't get me wrong she's a nice girl Even if she does have some false illusion that she and Abel are somehow going to end up together, the guy could at least have the decency to put her down easy(ha ha pun. If he would have done that, he would have been a bit more likable.

4/8/11
Also, I suspect that the skeleton man, Mr. Mink, is using some sort of gypsy magic to make Apollo love him so. It just seems odd that after year of companionship that they would part over a guy they just met. And oddly enough, this Mr. Mink guy on the cover seems very attractive. I mean, Mr. Mink is a completely attractive name but maybe that's me. Is it also me that finds transparent skin cute? Hmm. I thought so. All fascination aside amazing, Abel Dandy.

4/15/2011
This book is getting better and Abel is becoming a better person and oddly enough I am still in love with Mr. Mink and his always-funny wit also, I find a skeleton man intriguing. I am getting restless in this quest for Lady Adventure (who sounds sexy) and want her to find him, save Will N. and Apollo and the rest of the kids there. And I want Mink to DIE!! He'll be missed, in the small of my ever swelling heart.

4/18/2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freaks.

04/02/2011 page 49
15.0% "I'm finally getting started on this book which is saying something because I only picked it up because I am a crazy Blood and Chocolate fan... and I was majorly engrossed in the war diary I was reading, but anyways, as for the book, it's alright so far and could definetely be better. The main character Abel DAndy(who by my standards isn't so dandy) is trying to find a girlfriend, of dog-gene-less variety, but oh,...."
04/08/2011 page 149
44.0% "This book is getting a little better, because it seems that the tables have turned. Instead of Apollo following Abel, it seems to be that Abel is following Apollo. Charming. Also, I suspect that the skeleton man, Mr. Mink, is using some sort of gypsy magic to make Apollo love him so. It just seems odd that after year of companionship that they would part over a guy they just met. And oddly enough, this Mr. Mink..."
04/15/2011 page 195
58.0% "This book is getting better and Abel is becoming a better person and oddly enough I am still in love with Mr. Mink and his always-funny wit also, I find a skeleton man intriguing. I am getting restless in this quest for Lady Adventure (who sounds sexy) and want her to find him, save Will N. and Apollo and the rest of the kids there. And I want Mink to DIE!! He'll be missed, in the small of my swelling heart."
04/18/2011 page 195
58.0% "Finally finished with this book and I am glad to say that it was awesome and I give it an A-, the minus being for how Short Tauseret is. Besides that, it was great and I was glad that Abel found his LADY ADVENTURE even if she wasn't as cool as I imagined her to be. I'm just glad that CeeCee is dead and Mr. Mink isn't. That evil shell of a skeleton man does not deserve to die, even if he did deserve it. LADY ADVENTURE"