Andrea Wall's Reviews > Duchessina: A Novel of Catherine de' Medici

Duchessina by Carolyn Meyer

Apr 02, 11

bookshelves: historical-fiction, ya
Read on April 02, 2011

A very easy read because of course it is a kid's book.

First off I want to say "great job" to Ms. Meyer for making history books for kids!! I wish more had been around when I was a kid. It can be very very annoying when your 12 and you can't find any historical fiction books you can actually read besides the Royal Diaries series. (which where very good also) On this part alone I give five stars.

The story was interesting, but I personally found the characters flat. Please don't take this as an insult!!! It's only because technically I'm to old for this book. I'm sure kids reading it would have found the characters lovely.

I wish Meyer had continued the book longer because I felt there were so many things in catherine's later life that I wanted to know!!! (This is a sign that the book was good)

Great for the age group it was written and highly enjoyable for a person in the age group it wasn't written for. A great Saturday read.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Duchessina.

04/02/2011 page 33
13.0% "A very easy read. I don't like it to much because it is very simple, but it is pretty good considering and it is history so I can't help loving it. I love that there are book like this out there for kids. Because history is totally awesome and I wish I would have known more about books like this one when I was twelve."