Katie's Reviews > One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

1242059
Apr 02, 2011

Read in January, 2012

After reading the very intro of this book I had had had to read it! It is so beautifully written with poetic words that brings such earthy images to mind and touches the core of your heart. I bought this book new (and I so rarely do that), the margins are already filled with all of the thoughts this book brought to mind.
This book is about suffering lost and how to let that lost strengthen and renew your contentment and joy in what you have, enough said, go read this book! Warning ~ It may not resonate with readers who have not suffered loss and do not grieve to find wholeness and gratitude for their life again.

Update: I will never be finished with this book as it has earned a permanent place on my night stand. Like the Corrie ten Boom books and Jane Austen ones, it is one I will go back to visit again and again!

I have also bought several copies and have given them as gifts, yes, it IS that good! The author also has a daily blog that uplifts, challenges, and delights me each time I read it. Just "google" her name or the book and it should pop up!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Thousand Gifts.