Lucie Wheeler's Reviews > Johnny Be Good

Johnny Be Good by Paige Toon

Apr 02, 11

Read in February, 2011

This is the second book I have read by Paige Toon, the first being Lucy In The Sky.

Johnny Be Good, is the story of Meg Stiles, a PA from England. She has been given the dream job of being PA to rock god, Johnny Jefferson, in LA. Amidst all the glamorous parties and showbiz names, Meg's new life is not as great as it seems.
And then, Christian, Johnny's long standing friend from Newcastle, comes into Meg's life and everything changes.
Meg likes Christian, he's so easy to be around and he obviously cares for her, but then there's Johnny. He is a whole different story!
Who, if anyone, will Meg choose? And will it even be her choice?

This was a good story. I did, however, take a long time to get into it. After 6/7 chapters, I finally got interested in the story. Had this book not been a gift from a friend, I think I may well have given up before reaching the good parts.

Once I was into the story, I did enjoy it very much. I was kept guessing the whole way through, even in the very final chapters, I wasn't sure how the story was going to pan out and end. Although, when things did become clear, I felt as though it was rushed. We had a whole build up to this ending, and then it was over and done with in a few pages. But, it has been left on a brilliant cliffhanger, to make way for her next book, Chasing Daisy.

Another little niggle I had with the book, which I found I noticed more when I wasn't so enthralled in the story, was that I find this author writes short sentences quite a lot, which I feel makes the book read a little 'jerky' at times.

But these are only little things, I did enjoy the book and I will read her next one, which has to say something.

Not my favourite book, but an enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Johnny Be Good.